Page 1
Search
#10263952 Nov 09, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Recruit
2 Posts
1. What Game(s) Are Applying For?
World of Warcraft

2. Who Are You?
In Game: I am Grizzly, a human hunter on the Emerald Dream server. I have played my hunter since late Vanilla (as the night elf: Lathorin, but due to the recent model update I race changed to human) and will always consider it my "main." I have other 90s on ED: Trecimus (Monk), Regni (Shaman), Arkhaos (Warrior), and Trecius (Paladin).

IRL: I am 23 years old, married with a baby on the way. I'm a part time firefighter/EMT and work as a Clinical Account Manager for a medical device company. I travel a lot for my work so my gaming time is often all over the place (I always have my laptop with me so I still game when I'm on the road).

3. Have You Read Our Rules and Guidelines?
Yes.

4. Tell Us a Little About Yourself
It all started with Runescape way back when. Ever since, I have been hooked on
MMORPGs. I have played Darkfall, GW2, Warhammer Online (RIP), SWG, SWTOR, RS, and WoW. I have played WoW casually since late vanilla and it is the game I play the most (and will probably continue to do so).

IRL: I'm a very passive person in real life and love meeting new people. I dislike drama (especially in a game). I volunteer at the local Fire Department and respond to calls as much as I can (so if you see my randomly log in the middle of something, that could the reason). I am somewhat of a home-brewer and I love me some beer. Other than that feel free to message me anytime, I like talking with people any chance I get.

5. What Are You Looking For?
I'm looking for a tight-knit group of players who value IRL commitments over in game events. I enjoy every facet that the game offers: PvP, PvE, RP, WPvP...etc. and would like to find a guild that offers a little bit of everything without being "too hardcore."
#10264110 Nov 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM · Edited 3 years ago
Community Lead
1309 Posts

Thank you for blah blah blah, we spoke, its approved.

We did a in game interview, he messaged when officers were on, so we did a guild invite so he could ask his questions, he liked our answers, we liked his questions.
#10265340 Nov 10, 2014 at 08:19 AM
Community Lead
15810 Posts
You'll fit well :) There are a number of homebrewers here, especially Selphius. you won't get him to shut up about it ;)

On the other side, I work for NFPA, and Fel knows other stuff related to fire protection, so connections there as well!
GW2 - Aceris.3597
LoL - Aceras
Steam - Aceris

Playing: League of Legends, Civilization V, Diablo III
Watching: Agents of Shield, Blacklist, Supernatural, Parks & Rec, Modern Family
#10265377 Nov 10, 2014 at 08:26 AM
Community Lead
14136 Posts
I love making beer. :D
LoL - Selph
Playing: LoL - Referral
#10265476 Nov 10, 2014 at 08:53 AM
Community Lead
17279 Posts
Married? Check
Kid on the way? Check
Erratic play schedule due to RL commitments? Check
Home-brewer? Check
Dislikes drama? Check

I think you'll fit in very very well here :D Welcome to Vanguard Gaming.

Also, I bet Hal will have some questions for you on the EMT front.

Great to have you with us!
GW2: Fel
BattleTag: Fel#1406
PS4: Fel_610

Felandis@gmail.com
#10265512 Nov 10, 2014 at 09:01 AM · Edited 3 years ago
Guard
8749 Posts
^ Right? It's perfect. Too perfect.

Welcome! :D
GW2: Indrii, Adair Wavewatcher
WoW: Chyra, Linfae, Ephrys, Arryck
I mean, sometimes you just wanna, you know, try being an elf. See what it feels like. It doesn't mean I'm fey.
#10266187 Nov 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Guard
7720 Posts
Yes a great fit indeed, WELCOME!

League of Legends - VG Hellron
Guild Wars 2 - Regifeld.2134

Dragonmaw Achievement

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and Super Metroid
Currently Watching: The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Gotham, The Flash, and Game of Thrones

#10297471 Nov 17, 2014 at 03:15 PM
Recruit
2 Posts
Awesome, thanks all! I look forward to meeting everyone (If I can get past the ED queue that is).
#10297511 Nov 17, 2014 at 03:24 PM
Community Lead
14136 Posts
#10297471 Grizzly wrote:

Awesome, thanks all! I look forward to meeting everyone (If I can get past the ED queue that is).

I've heard that's the real challenge so far this expansion. :)
LoL - Selph
Playing: LoL - Referral
#10297615 Nov 17, 2014 at 03:55 PM
Guard
3780 Posts
#10265476 Fel wrote:

Also, I bet Hal will have some questions for you on the EMT front.

Got 4 years to crank out in the military before I get started there. Only question I really have now is: Are there any free study resources you'd recommend going into the medical field?

Hoping to land a medical job in the Air Force, which will more or less boil down to a RN. After military, the plan is to get a job as an EMT or something to get a foot into the (civilian) medical door that won't require me to get to specialized; use that time to scope out some of the more specialized fields; then use the GI bill to get the education I need to go into whatever specialized role I decide on; get a job there, and live happily ever after.

Have a BA right now in Criminal Justice (minor Spanish), but I've had terrible luck getting a career in that field.
Page 1